Breaking news here from the NY Times:
Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania said on Tuesday he would switch to the Democratic party, presenting Democrats with a possible 60th vote and the power to break Senate filibusters as they try to advance the Obama administration’s new agenda…
Mr. Specter faced a primary challenge from former Republican Congressman Pat Toomey and polls showed him trailing Mr. Toomey. But he had previously resisted overtures to join the Democrats.
‘Atta boy, Senator.
So let’s sum up the GOP’s week so far, shall we?
1. Texas Governor Rick Perry talks about secession in the name of getting the Feds off his lawn.
2. Said Governor pleads for help with the Swine Flu outbreak.
3. Just as torture and its prosecution were becoming divisive and foremost in Americans’ minds, said outbreak puts health care back into the public consciousness, as well as how much the Feds help in times of crisis.
4. In said times of crisis, Americans pull together…except Rush Limbaugh, who tries to link Obama’s trip to Mexico with the outbreak.
5. After trying to bully the last of their Mohicans up in the Northeast, he defects, giving Dems the right to do whatever the fuck they want in the Senate.
Is this proof there’s a God? And that he hates Republicans?